Rules and Regulations 2018
- Sorry! No Refunds on entries will be made.
Rebate checks will be made payable directly to the dance studio for those completed entries that are postmarked 35 days prior to the competition. Master entry form, rebate and release forms must be included to qualify for the rebate. Checks will be mailed directly to the dance studio.
Any cash prizes are awarded directly to the dance studio.
- Any and all changes must be submitted in writing. Confirmation and schedules will be emailed. Corrections, disputes or concerns must be addressed within 24 hours.
- There is a 3 solo limit at regional and national competitions.
- Only contestants that qualify at the regional level with a minimum of gold score will be permitted to enter Nationals.
- All entries must be submitted by a school, no individual entries will be accepted.
- Music is now all digitally downloaded either via email or you may send in a flash drive. Be sure to enter the entry number before the title when you save it to ensure it is listed in the correct order. Please have a studio representative pick up music after the performance.
- Absolutely no coaching is permitted. Coaching will result in a 10 point deduction.
- To preserve the integrity of the choreography, no videotaping or flash photography will be permitted during the competition. Failure to comply will result in schools disqualification without refund.
- Any behavior deemed unprofessional or inappropriate by a student, parent, or studio representative will result in disqualification of all entries of the studio involved. Good sportsmanship is a must. Remind your parents and friends that this is not just a competition. As sponsors, it is our goal to create a positive environment, and productive learning experience for every child at every skill level. Every performer will be acknowledged for their efforts.
- We reserve the right to cancel any competition due to lack of participation, or change venue due to circumstances beyond our control. Events may be shortened or extended based on participation.
- No stress allowed! We strive to create a stress free environment. This starts with the directors and teachers and trickles down to the performers. Any problems or situations that may arise will be addressed and resolved in a calm and timely manner.
2-4 5-6 7-8 9-10 11-12 13-14 15-16 17-19 20-25 26 and over
Age division is determined by the average age of the performers as of the date of the performance . Add ages and divide by the number of performers and drop the decimal. If the average age is 8.9 then the entry belongs in the 7-8 yr old division. Any questions please contact Mary at 917-476-6759. If any protest arise, proof of age must be provided. All protests must be submitted in writing to the directors of the Omega Dance Challenge with an hour of the incident.
- Solo, Duo/Trio – 3 minutes
- Small Group/Line – 4 minutes
- Production – 7 minutes
*Up to 2 additional minutes may be purchased at $30 each minutes
- Solo, Duo/Trio, Small Group (4-9 performers)
- Line (10-19 performers)
- Small Production (20-35 performers)
- Large Production (36 + performers
Diamond 295 – 300 Platinum 294.9 – 290 Solid Gold 289.9 – 280 Gold 279.9 – 270 Silver 269.9 – 255 Bronze 254.9 – 24
Placement within each category will be announced. One trophy will be awarded to the studio for placement and ribbons will be awarded to the performers. Trophies will be awarded for high scores at regional levels. Trophies/cash prizes will be awarded at nationals for high scores.
1 solo, 1 photo, 1 modeling entries are required to enter for solo title winner. Crown and Trophy are awarded for 12 & under and 13 & over divisions. Regional entry fee for solo title is $200. National Title entry fee is $250 for Group Title entry an additional $50 to your entry fee. You must earn high score in your category to win.
Each studio will receive a Special Award which recognizes that studios strength. For example: Technical Excellence, Outstanding Choreography, Outstanding Showmanship, Most Creative, and Most Entertaining. Although we do not give a trophy for bringing the most entries, each studio that brings over $2500 in entry fees will receive a Swarovski Diamond Pendant.
Omega Power Perks
Regional Dance Competition Cash Rewards 5% off G/L/P entries totaling $2,000 - $4,999 10% off G/L/P entries totaling $5,000 - over
National Dance Competition Cash Rewards 10% off G/L/P entries totaling $2,000 - $4,999 15% off G/L/P entries totaling $5,000 - over
All payments must be received 35 days prior to competition in order to qualify for rebates.
All Diamond scores (295 - 300) will qualify to enter the Diamond Club Challenge. The Diamond Club Challenge will take place at Nationals. there will be 2 Diamond challenge winners; solo/duet/trio and a group. Winners will receive at 5ft trophy, as well as a Swarovski Touchstone Crystal Pendant. A portion of the proceeds from the Omega Diamond Club Challenge is donated to charity.
We offer free workshops, seminars, pool party and dance party for all the performers that participate at Nationals. Join us and bring your shining stars, as we continue to make a stellar mark in dance history. So, Are you ready to take The Omega Dance Challenge?
Our accomplished, professional panel of judges provide a constructive, detailed adjudication. Our score sheets provide a comprehensive evaluation which serves as an invaluable tool, for both you and your students to take it to the next level. All judges decisions are final. Judges will break ties for high score awards. Special judges awards are given in a variety of categories.